Balloon Sinuplasty is a minimally invasive procedure designed to help relieve the symptoms of chronic sinusitis without damaging the natural drainage system of the nose and sinuses. This procedure dilates the natural sinus ostia using a soft balloon catheter to help restore the natural flow of the sinus cavities. This process is called "mucociliary flow." Balloon Sinuplasty allows the surgeon to restore mucociliary flow without the need for cutting or removing bone or tissue. Our sinus surgeons in Los Angeles, Glendale, and Monterey Park specialize in Balloon Sinuplasty and are among the most experienced in the greater Los Angeles area. Take a short quiz to see if Balloon Sinuplasty is right for you, Click Here.
What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
Balloon Sinuplasty (BSP) is designed to help alleviate the symptoms of chronic sinusitis for those who have failed medical management. Any patient who has not responded to long term antibiotics and steroids may be a candidate for this procedure. Most patients seek treatment due to painful facial pressure and sinus headaches.
Using this minimally invasive technique, our surgeons can dilate open the natural sinus ostia (drainage pathway) using technology similar to heart surgeons opening up blocked arteries during balloon angioplasty. This allows the sinuses to drain old mucous and pus causing headaches and thick post nasal drip. Unlike traditional sinus surgery, BSP does not require the surgeon to remove bone and tissue and can be performed in the office setting with a simple local anesthetic.
Join the thousands of patients seeking relief from chronic sinus headaches and thick post nasal drip.
Find out if Balloon Sinusplasty is right for you!
- Benefits of In-Office Balloon Sinuplasty
- Sinusitis Overview
- Sinus Procedures
- Is Balloon Sinuplasty right for you?
- Frequently Asked Questions
The benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty include:
- Safe: Since 2005, more than 375,000 patients have been treated safely with Balloon Sinuplasty.
- Proven Effective: Most chronic sinusitis patients report clinically meaningful improvement in sinus symptoms and quality of life through 2 years following surgery. 1
- Fast Recovery: While recovery time varies with each patient, recovery is typically fast. In a study of in-office balloon dilation, most patients returned to work and normal activity within 2 days.2
Balloon Sinuplasty is a minimally invasive technique that can be performed in the comfort of the office without requiring a general anesthesia. This allows for an easy patient experience without a long recovery time. At LA CENTA we have performed hundreds of in-office procedures with amazing results and patient satisfaction. Click here for real patient testimonials just minutes after their procedure.
If you have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and are not responding to long term medical management you may be a candidate for Balloon Sinuplasty. Take our short quiz to see if you are a good candidate or call and make an appointment today!
|Directly After Balloon Sinuplasty||Two Weeks After Balloon Sinuplasty|
Post Balloon Sinuplasty Post Balloon Sinuplasty
For more patient testimonials, please click here!
Balloon Sinuplasty Technology Animation
For more information about Balloon Sinuplasty CLICK HERE.
Important Safety Information
Balloon Sinuplasty Technology is intended for use by or under the direction of a physician. Balloon Sinuplasty Technology has associated risks, including tissue and mucosal trauma, infection, or possible optic injury. Consult your physician for a full discussion of risks and benefits to determine whether this procedure is right for you.
1. Weiss RL, Church CA, et al. Long-term outcome analysis of balloon catheter sinusotomy: two-year follow up. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2008;139:S38-S46.
2. Karanfilov B, Silvers S, Pasha R, Sikand A, Shikani A, Sillers M; for the ORIOS2 study investigators. Office-based balloon sinus dilation: a prospective, multicenter study of 203 patients. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2013;3(5):404-411.